Discusses plans for CD to visit Cambridge.
If you come at y
I have Witherings Botany in 4 vol. apropos, I wish you would ask my Father if I shall bring him a copy of ``Donns Catalogue of Plants,'' as there is a new Edition by Linly & I have some idea he told me to get him one, th<ou>gh I am not at all sure.
Vale<as>. E. Darwin
P.S. Write soon or I will smak your b— —m.
Tell me what day y
- f1 6.f1`To facilitate the coming and going of (a person)' (OED).
- f2 6.f2A local name for a Belemnite.
- f3 6.f3Swindlers.
- f4 6.f4Withering 1796. William Withering, physician and botanist, was well known for his introduction of the foxglove into the pharmacopoeia.
- f5 6.f5Donn 1823. A copy of this edition is preserved in Darwin Library--CUL. It has few annotations by CD; a large number are in another hand, probably that of his father, for whom botany was a hobby.
- f6 6.f6John Lindley. CD's copies of several of Lindley's works are preserved at Darwin Library--Down.
- f7 6.f7A reference to Speech Day at Shrewsbury School.