Requests addresses of J. E. Planchon, W. F. Hofmeister and M. J. Schleiden so he can send them copies of Lythrum paper [Collected papers 2: 106–31].
Down. | Bromley. | Kent. S.E.
Will you be so kind as to tell me, if you should happen to know the addresses of Planchon, Hofmeister & Schleiden?
Do you want a spare copy of my Lithrum paper & of the
3 other papers communicated by me, as I do not send
them to members of Linn. Soc unless they are wanted. I fear
you cannot advise me whether D
your sincerely | Ch Darwin
- f1 4716.f1The year is established by the relationship between this letter and the letter from Daniel Oliver, 16 December 1864.
- f2 4716.f2CD refers to Jules Emile Planchon, Wilhelm Hofmeister, and Matthias Jacob Schleiden. Their names appear on the presentation list for `Three forms of Lythrum salicaria' (see Correspondence vol. 12, Appendix III).
- f3 4716.f3The reference is to `Three forms of Lythrum salicaria'. Oliver's name appears on the presentation list for the paper followed by a question mark (see Appendix III).
- f4 4716.f4CD refers to `Dimorphic condition in Primula', `Three sexual forms of Catasetum tridentatum', and `Two forms in species of Linum'.
- f5 4716.f5For CD's presentation list for `Dimorphic condition in Primula' see Correspondence vol. 10, Appendix III. For his presentation list for `Two forms in species of Linum', see Correspondence vol. 11, Appendix IV.
- f6 4716.f6Hermann Crüger died in Trinidad on 28 February 1864. The paper referred to is Crüger 1864 (see letter from Hermann Crüger, 21 January 1864). CD had arranged for its publication by the Linnean Society (see letter to Daniel Oliver, 17 February  and nn. 3 and 5).
- f7 4716.f7The letter was written and signed with CD's name by Emma Darwin.