Hopes to be well enough on Friday to see JL.
Several of the family have had influenza.
Down Bromley your letter went to Dover. Kent
My dear Lubbock.
Many thanks for your note. I hope & expect to be well
enough on Friday to see you. I presume 7
Ever yours very sincerely | C. Darwin
- f1 3783.f1The date is established by the relationship to the letter from John Lubbock, 25 October 1862.
- f2 3783.f2Letter from John Lubbock, 25 October 1862.
- f3 3783.f3Emma Darwin's diary (DAR 242) records that Lubbock dined at Down House on Friday 31 October 1862.
- f4 3783.f4`Lamas' was Lubbock's house in Chislehurst, Kent.
- f5 3783.f5Emma Darwin recorded in her diary (DAR 242) on 25 October 1862: `I feverish & bad cold | in bed'; on 26 October she wrote: `in bed—'.