The Teacher’s Notes sections help you to make the most of using Darwin’s letters in the classroom. To accompany every subject specific or cross-curricula pack you will find:
Are the lines between God and Darwin clearly divided? Explores what the letters reveal about Darwin’s views of God and religion and consider the importance of tolerance and respect.
This resource pack provides edited letters to and from Charles Darwin, contextual images, diary entries and selected texts to enable you to:
- explore Darwin’s fluctuating attitude towards religion and God
- discuss the importance of tolerance to society
- debate from different religious perspectives
- interview Darwin about his views on religion
- try out a strategy for conflict resolution
- write a report on the support offered by religious communities and whether you need to be religious to care
The Beagle Voyage/ Darwin’s Scientific Women/ How Dangerous was Darwin?
Packs can be used on-line or materials can be downloaded.
The packs contain links to the Darwin Correspondence Project main site and to other relevant sources.