To E. Schweizerbart’sche Verlagsbuchhandlung 22 November 1
Down. | Bromley. | Kent. S.E.
As you have the right of translation of my present & previous works without payment I do not hesitate to ask you to let me have nine copies of the present translation as by the enclosed list.2
When the 1st vol is ready (and of course the 2nd vol likewise) will you be so good as to despatch the volumes according to the addresses given in the enclosed paper, & be so kind as to paste in “From the author” (as enclosed) in each copy excepting that for myself
Believe me dear Sir | yours faithfully | Charles Darwin
to myself, Down, Bromley Kent3
(2) Prof. Rütimeyer,4 Bâle, Switzerland
(3) Prof. Oswald Heer, Zurich, do.
(4) Dr. Hildebrand5 Bonn
(5) Prof. Caspary Kœnigsburg6 Prussia
(6) Prof. Ernst Häckel7 Jena Saxe Weimar
(7) Dr. Rolle, Homburg vor der Hoehe, Frankfurt am Main8
(8) Prof. Oscar Schmidt,9 Hochschule Graz
(9.)Hermann von Nathusius of Hundisburg, to care of Wigandt und Hempel of Berlin10
Encloses list of people to whom he would like presentation copies of the German edition of Variation sent.
- Letter no.
- Darwin, C. R.
- E. Schweizerbart’sche Verlagsbuchhandlung
- Sent from
- Source of text
- Württembergische Landesbibliothek, Stuttgart (Cod. hist. 4o 333a, 77, 1)
- Physical description
- 2pp, encl 2pp
Please cite as
Darwin Correspondence Project, “Letter no. 5694,” accessed on 21 January 2017, http://www.darwinproject.ac.uk/DCP-LETT-5694