A list of investments presumably belonging to CD.
N. Staffordshire— 48.15
Gr. Northern 62. 2.7
Great Eastern 87.12.4
Monmouth 54. 9.7
Shrewsbury } 11.14.
Castle Morton tithes 19. 3.1
City Bonds 34.14.9
Penarth Harbour } 213. 1.1
to 31 Dec 1866 }
7/10 540. 8.8
Business Bonds 4 17.6
PS. I invested the £160 you did not think should be divided in Russian Gov. Bonds.—
Your affect son | W. E. Darwin
- f1 6541a.f1The date is established by CD's annotation.
- f2 6541a.f2North Staffordshire Railway Company.
- f3 6541a.f3Great Northern Railway Company.
- f4 6541a.f4Great Eastern Railway Company.
- f5 6541a.f5Midland Railway Company.
- f6 6541a.f6Monmouth Canal and Railway Company.
- f7 6541a.f7CD's father, Robert Waring Darwin, had inherited a share of Castle Morton tithes from Josiah Wedgwood I (DAR 227.9: 52), and this share or some part of it had evidently been bequeathed to CD.
- f8 6541a.f8Penarth Harbour, Dock & Railway Company.