Returns [Andrew] Murray's paper;
especially values HD's note that the same species of lice infect the different varieties of fowl, pigeon, and dog. Further queries about the relationship of the same species of pediculi to different domestic varieties.
Down. | Bromley. | Kent. S.E.
I thank you very sincerely for your interesting note & answers to my
queries. I am also much obliged for M
Yours very faithfully | Ch. Darwin
- f1 4756f.f1The year is established by the relationship between this letter and the letter from Henry Denny, 23 January 1865.
- f2 4756f.f2See letter from Henry Denny, 23 January 1865.
- f3 4756f.f3Murray 1860. See letter from Henry Denny, 23 January 1865 and n. 3.
- f4 4756f.f4Denny's statement is cited in Descent 1: 219.
- f5 4756f.f5See letter to Henry Denny, 23 March .